Monday, May 2, 2011
Where: Dymocks Southland, Shop 3067/8, Westfield Shopping Centre, Cheltenham, VIC, Australia 3192
Tel: 03 9584-1245
Dymocks Southland will be running its second annual International Zombie Awareness Month promotion during the month of May, with great deals on a huge range of zombie-related books, giveaways, prize draws, and even a ‘zombie shuffle’!
Deal #1: Purchase any three zombie-themed books or graphic novels (including paid pre-orders), and receive a FREE copy of David Moody’s Dog Blood (valued at $27.95) only while stocks last.
Deal #2: Purchase any four zombie books, receive a free copy of Dog Blood, and enter the draw to win a fantastic prize-pack, thanks to our friends at NecroScope (details below).
• Sat 14th May: Join us for a group signing of exciting authors from LegumeMan Books – specialists in ‘extreme horror fiction’. Featuring Brett McBean, R. Frederick Hamilton, Andrew Gallacher, Matthew Revert and Steve Gerlach. 12 noon - 1pm.
• Sat 28th May: The Dymocks Southland ‘Zombie Jamboree’, featuring:
11am – 12 noon: Local horror authors - and winners of this year's Australian Shadows awards - Kirstyn McDermott (Madigan Mine) and Bob Franklin (Under Stones), signing copies of their books. Be afraid!
12 – 1pm: Bestselling novelist James Phelan will be signing copies of his YA zombie novel Alone #1: Chasers (and his adult thriller books!). Pre-order Alone #2: Survivor, and James will personalise your copy when it’s released on June 30th! PLUS you’ll go into the draw to win a personalised, one-off, bound manuscript of an Alone short story, AND have a character named after YOU in James’ upcoming, top-secret, thirteen–book series due from Scholastic in 2012! (Winner drawn upon release of Alone #2, and notified by phone).
1 – 2pm: Zombie Shuffle! Turn up to Dymocks Southland in full zombie costume for your chance to win a magnificent The Walking Dead prize-pack (details below), thanks to our friends at Madman Entertainment. Best costume wins, prizewinner announced 2pm.
Dymocks Southland: where zombies are just a way of life...
NecroScope prize pack comprises:
- Feed poster, autographed by Mira Grant
- Dead Earth: The Vengeance Road by David T. Wilbanks & Mark Justice
- Virus by Sarah Langan
- Nekropolis by Tim Waggoner
- After the World: Gravesend by Jason Fischer
- Zombie Flesh Eaters DVD
- The Zombie Diaries DVD
- Jelly Brains jelly mould (Mmm! Braiiiiiiiiins!)
- Genuine Vodou good-luck charm (disclaimer: not effective against genuine zombies)
(Winner drawn at close of business May 31st, and notified by phone).
The Walking Dead prize pack comprises:
- The Walking Dead baseball cap
- The Walking Dead tote bag
- Issue #1 of The Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye
- Madman Entertainment t-shirt
- Xombies: Apocalypse Blues by Walter Greatshell
- Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
- Dead Set DVD
- Grace DVD
- Biomega #1 manga comic
2. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After - Steve Hockensmith
3. Dead City - Joe McKinney
4. The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks
5. Pet Sematary - Stephen King
6. Rot & Ruin - Jonathan Maberry
7. Pontypool Changes Everything - Tony Burgess
8. World War Z - Max Brooks
9. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - Austen / Graeme-Smith
10. The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten - Harrison Geillor
New arrivals in-store include the UK edition of Breathers (S.G. Browne), Zombies: The Recent Dead (ed. Paula Guran), and The Complete History of The Return of the Living Dead (Christian Sellers / Gary Smart).